How Lyme has changed me for the better
1. A relationship with God means walking with him along the same path, not walking towards or away. Psalm 23
2. I am complete the way I am right now today. Mess and all. Nothing needs to be added or taken away. No altering needs to be done.
3. Lyme is my teacher and not my enemy. It teaches me the depth of pain that other go through. Compassion, empathy, sympathy. It moves me to get into activism for others. To yell loudly for those who can't.
4. My purpose in life is beyond sickness, roles, what others say, Its to help others with what I've been given.
5. Acceptance of Lyme doesn't not mean I love it. It just means I understand its a part of my life and I'm still going to live it. It does mean I will cry, scream, yell, get angry, depressed but I will work through this by being open, honest and real.
6. My son will be a more compassionate person because of my Lyme. It will not hurt him as long as don't let it hurt me.
7. I have a life and Lyme is a part of it and not all of it.
8. There will always be people who understand and help me through my illness and those who just don't have the ability to do so. I have to accept that.
9. There is no magic pill. Only layers that can be peeled off over time through hard work.
10. Taking pills, seeds, muscular shots, heat packs, hot baths, are need to keep me healthy and everyone needs some type of health regimine whether they are sick or not to be healthy and keep it that way. Its all about self discipline and self control. Everyone has to learn this lesson even me. But I'm not alone.
11. Humility is the key to every situation I find myself in. Anger gets me nowhere.
12. I have good days and bad days. I am grateful for the good ones and I try to accept the help offered on the bad ones.
13. I had to get sick to value my health.